Are you looking for a way to uninstall apps on your Windows 11 PC? Uninstalling apps is an important part of maintaining your computer and making sure it runs smoothly. It can also be tricky to do if you don’t know the right way. Fortunately, there are several easy methods for uninstalling apps on a Windows 11 PC.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss seven different methods for uninstalling apps on your Windows 11 PC. Keep reading to learn how you can easily uninstall apps and keep your computer running smoothly.
7 Easy Ways to Uninstall Apps on Your Windows 11 PC
1) Use the Control Panel
Are you looking for a way to uninstall apps on your Windows 11 PC? Luckily, the process is straightforward, and there are a few different methods that you can use. In this post, we’ll go over the seven most effective ways to uninstall apps on your Windows 11 PC.
Also Read –Laptop Volume is Low? 9 Quick Fixes
The first method you can use is to go through the Control Panel. This is likely the quickest and most reliable method of uninstalling apps from your Windows 11 PC. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Control Panel. To do this, type Control Panel in the search bar at the bottom of your screen and hit enter.
- Select Uninstall a Program. You’ll find this option under Programs in the Control Panel menu.
- Select the program you want to uninstall and click Uninstall. This will begin the uninstallation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish uninstalling the app.
That’s it! Once you’ve completed these steps, the app will be uninstalled from your PC. This method works for most apps, though some may require a more involved uninstallation process.
2) Use the Settings App
If you’re looking to uninstall apps on your Windows 11 PC, the first place to start is the Settings app. This is the best way to go about it since it’s a quick and easy way to manage all of your apps. Here’s how to do it:
- Open up the Start Menu and click on the Settings icon in the bottom left corner.
- On the Settings window, click on Apps in the sidebar.
- Select the app that you want to uninstall, and then click on Uninstall at the top of the window.
- Confirm that you want to uninstall the app by clicking on Uninstall in the pop-up window.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to complete, and then the app should be removed from your PC.
This method of uninstalling apps is quick and simple, so make sure to try it out if you want to get rid of any unnecessary apps on your computer.
3) Use the Command Prompt
If you are looking for an easy and straightforward way to uninstall apps from your Windows 11 PC, using the Command Prompt may be the best option for you. The Command Prompt is a powerful tool that can be used to manage files, folders, and even programs.
Here are the steps to use the Command Prompt to uninstall an app on Windows 11 PC:
- Open the Start menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
- In the search box, type cmd, and press enter.
- When the Command Prompt window opens, type wmic and press enter.
- Type the product gets the name and press enter. This will list all the programs installed on your computer.
- Find the name of the program you want to uninstall and type uninstall followed by the name of the program. For example, if you want to uninstall Microsoft Office, you would type uninstall Microsoft Office into the Command Prompt window.
- Press enter. A confirmation window will appear, asking if you are sure you want to uninstall the program. Click yes to proceed with the uninstallation.
- When the uninstallation is complete, restart your computer.
Using the Command Prompt is a quick and easy way to uninstall apps on Windows 11 PC. With just a few commands, you can have your PC free from unwanted programs in no time.
4) Use PowerShell
Uninstalling apps on your Windows 11 PC doesn’t have to be a hassle. With the help of PowerShell, you can quickly and easily remove programs from your system. Here’s how to use PowerShell to uninstall apps:
- Start by opening up a PowerShell window on your PC. You can do this by searching for PowerShell in the Start menu or Cortana search bar.
- Once the PowerShell window is open, type the following command: Get-AppxPackage Remove-AppxPackage
- This command will display all the apps installed on your system. You can then use the Remove-AppxPackage command followed by the name of the app you want to uninstall to remove it from your PC.
- You can also uninstall multiple apps at once by using the Get-AppxPackage Remove-AppxPackage -allusers command. This will uninstall all the apps that are installed for all users on the computer.
- To uninstall a single user app, use the Get-AppxPackage -user [username] Remove-AppxPackage command. Replace [username] with the username of the user account you want to uninstall apps from.
- You can also use the Get-AppxPackage -allusers Remove-AppxPackage -package [appname] command to remove a specific app from all users on the computer. Replace [appname] with the name of the app you want to uninstall.
- Finally, if you want to delete an app but keep its associated data, you can use the Get-AppxPackage Remove-AppxPackage -preserve user data command. This will delete the app while keeping its user data intact.
With these simple commands, you can easily uninstall apps from your Windows 11 PC using PowerShell!
5) Use third-party uninstallers
If you’re having trouble uninstalling apps on your Windows 11 PC, a third-party uninstaller may be just the tool you need. These programs are designed to help you completely remove stubborn applications that may be causing issues.
To use a third-party uninstaller, you’ll first need to download one from the internet. Popular options include IObit Uninstaller, Revo Uninstaller, and Geek Uninstaller. After downloading and installing the software, open it up and choose the program you want to remove.
The uninstaller will then scan for any leftover files or registry entries and prompt you to delete them.
Be sure to read any instructions provided with the uninstaller before proceeding with the uninstall process. Some uninstallers may require you to restart your PC in order to completely remove the app. If this is the case, make sure you follow the instructions carefully. Once the app has been removed, restart your computer and you should now be able to use your PC without any issues.
Using a third-party uninstaller is an effective way to quickly and easily remove apps from your Windows 11 PC. Try one today and see if it helps solve your app-removal woes!
6) Delete the app folder
Uninstalling apps on your Windows 11 PC can be a hassle. Luckily, there are seven easy methods you can use to delete an application. One of the easiest methods is to delete the app folder. To do this, you’ll need to open File Explorer and go to the Program Files folder.
Find the app you want to uninstall and delete the folder associated with it. Make sure you have the correct permissions so that you don’t accidentally delete something else.
Once the folder has been deleted, you’ll need to remove any registry entries associated with the application. To do this, open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows+R, then type in regedit.
This will open the Registry Editor. Now, search for any references to the application you are trying to uninstall and delete them.
Finally, you can use the Control Panel to uninstall any leftover files associated with the application. To do this, go to the Control Panel, select Programs, and Features, then select Uninstall a program.
Find the app you want to uninstall, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the uninstallation.
By following these steps, you can easily uninstall apps from your Windows 11 PC. However, if you’re still having trouble, you may need to contact technical support for further assistance.